Patio Perfect Art
After a long run on rain, the sun is finally showing us some love here in Nova Scotia. With the sun comes the cherished season of summer and time to spend outdoors. If you are anything like me, you don't have a lot of time to dedicate to outdoor decorating and naturally gravitate toward the quick and easy projects.
Yesterday I took a few minutes to set up this little table display. It took about ten minutes to gather the items and just a few more to set it up.
For this project you will need:
1. Glass jars – almost any type will do. Preserve jars, milk bottles, old lanterns or a hurricane lamp.
2. Postcards – I used some that I had left over from a market but you can use photos, children's art work, or even shells and pretty stones.
3. Burlap – any small piece of textured or printed fabric will work. Try using a napkin or an old dish towel if it has some interesting colour or pattern.
4. Flowers – I used wild flowers growing beside the patio for a dash of colour. Choose your favourite.
The set up is simple.
1. Roll the postcard small enough to fit through the mouth of the jar.
2. Insert the postcard into the mouth of the jar and gently push it all the way inside.
Arrange the filled jars on the burlap, add the flowers and enjoy!