Extending Your Outdoor Living into Fall
It's that time of year--summer going into fall and all it’s colourful splendour...
Leaves will start to turn all different colours and land on the ground; the air is crisp, fresh and has wonderful smells we associate with this time of year. We can enjoy this season both indoors and out. Let’s try to extend the season by cleaning our gardens, and brighten up the outdoors with colourful fall plants such as mums, flowering kale, asters and tall grasses. Here are a few more quick tips:
- Pots of colourful plants are a welcoming sight at the front entrance to your home;
- We can light a fire in our "safe" fire pits and enjoy evenings while wrapping ourselves in cozy throws. (Be sure to check with your municipality to see if this is allowed);
- Light candles, torches or lanterns for ambience;
- Have warm apple cider while relaxing on a sunny day and reading;
- Bring out some colorful and soft, warm throws and be cozy outdoors as long as possible;
- Al fresco dining can be fun by adding a propane heater to your dining space;
- Hang a new autumn wreath on your front door to welcome friends and family;
When weather dictates that we turn to the indoors transition back into your indoor space by:
- Adding a quilted coverlet on your bed in a warm color to add coziness;
- Change your throws, area rugs and toss cushions to something with texture;
- Add some organic natural items to your mantel;
- Burn apple and cinnamon scented candles for a warm glow and divine scent;
- Bring in some of your plants for the coming months;
Keep a bowl of glorious red apples on your kitchen counter or coffee table to give a fresh look;
Visit your local home décor shops, including Wicker Emporium to make sure you have what you need to create your own warm and inviting space both outdoors and inside!
PUT ON A FIRE, PICK UP A BOOK AND RELAX!